- Town projects (typically sidewalks, road maintenance, and stormwater repairs)
- CLT Water projects (public drinking water and sewer projects)
- North Carolina DOT (state roads/highways repairs, maintenance, and expansions)
- Private development (neighborhoods, commercial buildings/centers)
- Mecklenburg County (County parks)
- Private utilities (Duke Energy, Piedmont Natural Gas, AT&T, etc)
Land development (residential and commercial) projects are not listed here. Information on those types of projects can be found in the Planning Department's pages.
Lebanon Road Sidewalk ConstructionApproximately 1,000 feet of new sidewalk is being installed on Lebanon Road between Singletree Road and Green Glen Drive. This new sidewalk connects to the end of existing sidewalk and will allow residents in the Farmwood and Green Meadows neighborhoods access to the Town's sidewalk network. The project will feature two high-visibility pedestrian crossings to allow for safe crossing of Lebanon Road.
Here's a short video of how these new pedestrian crossings will work (video from Brentwood, TN):
This project is anticipated to be completed in the fall of 2021.
Wilgrove-Mint Hill Road and Lawyers Road Sidewalk ProjectThe Town has been selected to receive a Federal grant for funding a large portion of sidewalks along Wilgrove-Mint Hill Road and Lawyers Road. This project will further the connection to Mint Hill's downtown (along NC51 Matthews-Mint Hill Road) along the roads mentioned. Town staff are currently in the early stages of beginning this project. When milestone dates (design, construction, completion) become available, they will be shared here.
For more information on any of these projects: