Veteran Services- What's New
Important Information Regarding McLeod County Veteran Services and COVID-19
McLeod County suspended public-facing non-essential services through April 14, 2020. McLeod County will use this time as a planning period to respond to the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
McLeod County offices providing public-facing services will be closed to in-person public contact, this includes the North Complex and McLeod County Veteran Services. Our office will still be staffed but, will only be providing services via phone, mail, and electronic means.
The McLeod County Veterans Van Program has also been suspended through April 14th, however, Veterans needing a ride to VA medical appointments can temporarily schedule rides through Trail Blazer Transit by calling (888) 743-3828. Tell the dispatcher that you are a veteran needing a ride to a VA medical appointment and they will set up a ride for you similar to how our program usually works. The normal Veterans Transportation Program rates apply ($10.00 for a veteran, $5.00 for an escort, $35.00 for a wheelchair ride). It is suggested that you contact your provider to insure the appointment is still necessary or should be rescheduled for a later date. We are taking this measure to help lessen the rate of infection. This is a difficult but necessary decision to protect the most vulnerable population (which tends to be a high percentage of the population we serve).
We appreciate the patience and support of the public and our veterans as we work through this together. Take care to practice social distancing, give a call to high-risk people to let them know you care, and continue good hand washing practices.
We can be reached by the following means:
Mail: 2381 Hennepin Avenue North, Glencoe, MN 55336
All updates will be posted on this site, on the McLeod County Facebook page, and given to local media.
COVID-19 Special Operating Procedures
The following list explains how other veteran resources are operating during this health emergency caused by COVID-19:
St Cloud VA Medical Center
(for more information visit www.stcloud.va.gov/
* No building entry without screening
* Building entry points are limited
* No outside visitors allowed
* Elective surgeries, nonessential procedures, and other services (including walk-in audiology & optometry) are curtailed
* All unscheduled patients and those with flu-like symptoms are asked to call first at 320-252-1670
* Volunteer activities suspendedMinneapolis VA Medical Center
(for more information visit www.minneapolis.va.gov/
* Screening area at the outpatient entrance for everyone entering the facility
* No visitors
* All elective surgeries and procedures are postponed to June 1st, dental care cancelled
* Veterans with flu-like symptoms are asked to call first at 612-467-1100
* Encouraging VA Video Connect with providers, ask your care team (https://youtu.be/2HZPs-BFBtw
) St. Paul VA Regional Office (VARO)
(for more information visit www.benefits.va.gov/stpaul/
* All VA Regional Offices are closed to the public effective March 19Board of Veterans Appeals (BVA):
* All in-person DRO hearings will be delayed until further noticeVA Debt Management Center:
* Veterans and families affected by COVID-19 may request a temporary financial relief from their VA debtFt. Snelling National Cemetery:
* Committal services and the rendering of military honors will be discontinued until further notice. Immediate family members (limited to 10 individuals) of the deceased may choose to witness the interment if desired. Committal or memorial services can be scheduled at a later date, if desired.
Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs (MDVA):
* Headquarters Staff: Staff are telecommuting as able
* Cemeteries: Remain open for visitors for direct transfer or direct interment only. No committal services or honors conducted on site at this time. MDVA Cemeteries Message from Commissioner Herke
* Claims Office: Claims reps available to assist CVSOs, no in-person assistance available
* SSAP: 80% of workforce working from home, clerical staff working at duty stations
* MN Veterans Homes: Restricted visitor and vendor access (end-of-life visits on case-by-case basis), distributing iPad devices for patient & family connectivitySt Paul VARO DAV Claims Office:
* Office is closed, no staff onsite, staff working from homeSt Paul VARO VFW Claims Office:
* Office is closed, staff working from homeMinnesota Assistance Council for Veterans (MACV):
* Reducing physical office coverage and in-person meetings
* Homeless without media resources can walk-in on M-W-F
* Primary contact for veterans is 833-222-6228DAV Donor Connect:
* Suspended until further notice. Will not accept, nor facilitate disbursement of medical equipment.National Personnel Records Center (NPRC):
*Only servicing urgent requests related to medical emergencies and funerals. Research rooms and museums are closed until further notice.