Supervised By: City Administrator
Supervises: Election Inspectors and administrative staff as assigned
Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000 plus benefits, DOQ
Under the general supervision of the City Administrator, serves as Clerk of the City Council and custodian of the City Seal. Administers elections and oaths of office and serves as official custodian of all City records and documents. Provides routine and complex administrative work in the maintenance of City records, issuance of licenses and permits, and coordination of community room rentals.
- An associate’s degree or equivalent in business administration, public administration, or related field is required.
- Two or more years of experience in a related setting, preferably in a local government setting.
- State of Michigan Vehicle Operator’s License, a satisfactory driving records, and the ability to maintain one throughout employment.
- Certification as a Municipal Clerk.
- Certification as a Notary Public or the ability to become certified is required.
- Substantial knowledge of the City Charter, official City policies, rules of public meeting conduct, and the laws and ordinances governing elections, record keeping, and access to public information.