|Functions and Duties: The City Administrator shall be the chief administrative officer of the city government.
City Ordinance Link - Details of City Administrator - Functions and Duties
The City Administrator functions and duties shall be:
- To be responsible to the Council for the efficient administration of all administrative departments of the city government except the department under the direction of the Attorney;
- To see that all laws and ordinances are enforced;
- To appoint, with the consent of the Council, the heads of the several city departments whose appointment is not otherwise specified in this charter, and to discharge such department heads without the consent of the Council, and to direct and supervise such department heads;
- To give to the proper department or officials ample notice of the expiration or termination of any franchises, contracts or agreements;
- To see that all terms and conditions imposed in favor of the city or its inhabitants in any public utility franchise, or in any contract, are faithfully kept and performed;
- To recommend an annual budget to the Council and to administer the budget as finally adopted under policies formulated by the Council, and to keep the Council fully advised at all times as to the financial condition and needs of the city;
- To recommend to the Council for adoption such measures as he may deem necessary or expedient; and to attend Council meetings with the right to take part in discussions but not to vote;
- To exercise and perform all administrative functions of the city that are not imposed by this charter or ordinance upon some other official;
- To be responsible for the maintenance of a system of accounts of the city which shall conform to any uniform system required by law and by the Council and to generally accepted principles and procedure of governmental accounting. He shall make monthly financial statements to the Council.
- To perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this charter or as may be required by ordinance or by direction of the Council.
27400 Southfield Road
Lathrup Village, MI 48076