Phase 2 Construction Restart
On April 29, 2020, Governor Inslee authorized implementation of a phased restart to construction projects. On June 5, 2020, Governor Inslee approved Snohomish County to enter Phase 2 of Safe Start – Washington’s Phased Reopening Plan.
Effective June 5, all limitations on construction activity found in Proclamation 20-25 and the Governor’s March 25 and April 29, 2020, memoranda are lifted for any project sited in a Phase 2 county, provided the construction activity follows the Phase 2 – Construction COVID-19 Requirements. Any paused construction activity may resume immediately if:
- The employers and employees can meet and maintain all requirements listed in the Phase 2 – Construction COVID-19 Requirements document; and
- The employers and employees conduct only those activities that are allowed under their county’s phase status.
Before recommencing work, all contractors are required to develop a comprehensive COVID-19 exposure control, mitigation, and recovery plan. The required elements of the plan are outlined in the above link to the job site requirements.
Prior to restarting construction, the homeowner must send an email to the Town confirming that they have the requisite plan, that the plan meets the requirements of the Governor’s proclamation, and that the plan is posted at the job site and available for inspection while construction activities are taking place.
Failure to provide the requested email or comply with the posting requirements may result in sanctions, including the job being shut down.
- Workplace safety and health complaints may be submitted to the L&I Call Center:
(1-800-423-7233) or via e-mail to email@example.com.
- General questions about how to comply with construction safety practices can be submitted to the State’s Business Response Center.
- Business violations of the Governor’s Proclamation can be submitted to: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/09349a1c56844b539fea1c2cabd16d56.
To request a clearing & grading inspection, call John Forba of PACE Engineering at 425.827.2014.
To request a fire inspection, call Shoreline Fire Department at 206.533.6565.
To request a tree or right-of-way inspection, call Terry Bryant, Public Works Director, at 206.542.0183.
To request a building, demo, fence, mechanical, or plumbing inspection, fill in the request form below. Inspections are performed Tuesday through Thursday after 3:30 p.m. All inspections must be requested by 1:00 pm the business day prior to the desired inspection date.