320 Winter Street, Norwood MA 02062
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
March 17, 2020
Revised April 13, 2020
To protect grieving families who have lost a loved one and, to protect the employees of Highland Cemetery during these trying times, the following rules shall apply at Highland Cemetery:
- The Cemetery Office is closed to the public. For assistance, contact the Cemetery Superintendent, Paul Ranalli, at 781-762-1149 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Cemetery Chapel will be closed.
- Burials will continue but in the following manner:
- The Funeral Director shall keep all participants in their vehicles while the Cemetery crews bring the casket to the grave site and lower into the burial liner.
- Once the Cemetery crews have left the grave site, and upon the Cemetery Superintendent approval, the participants may exit their vehicles and proceed to the grave site.
- Per Governor Baker’s order, no more than 10 people can gather at the grave site. This includes employees of the Funeral Home, religious leaders, military honor guards, etc.
- Please continue social distancing practices.
- Once the service has ended and the participants have left, Cemetery crews will wait 30 minutes before returning to the grave site to begin burial operations. Only the Funeral Director may remain to witness burial operations.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during these difficult times.