Washtenaw County Weatherization Assistance Program a free residential energy conservation program provides home improvement services [CLICK HERE]
The Weatherization Assistance Program
The Weatherization Assistance Program is a free residential energy conservation program that provides home improvement services to low-income Washtenaw County homeowners and renters. These services can reduce utility expenses by up to 30%. This kind of savings can be a real relief for those who have limited financial flexibility.
Through our weatherization program, we are able to:
• Perform a comprehensive energy audit to assess the energy usage of a home
• Repair and replace inefficient furnaces and water heaters
• Replace old refrigerators with brand new, energy efficient refrigerators
• Air seal and insulate walls, attics, and crawl spaces
• Install energy efficient light and fresh air fan systems
Our program is open to both homeowners and renters, although renters have to meet additional requirements (apartments are not eligible). Any resident of Washtenaw County that has an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty level may qualify for our program.
Please feel free to distribute the linked flyer to families or other community members.
Anyone interested in the program should contact us at (734) 544-3008.
Housing Improvement Programs Coordinator
Office of Community & Economic Development (OCED)
Washtenaw County | 415 W. Michigan Ave. | Ypsilanti, MI 48197