Animal Control Inside City Limits of Camilla
Stitches for Mitchell County, Inc.
4380 Puppy Lane ~ Camilla, Georgia 31730
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (229) 336-7030
Stitches for Mitchell County, Inc. provides citizens in Camilla and Mitchell County with a variety of services that help animals as well as ensure the safety of the public. From rescuing injured or sick domestic animals to controlling stray and potentially dangerous animals, this organization is responsible for ensuring the safety of the community by enforcing laws that regulate the animal population.
Pet Owner Responsibilities:
- Know and follow the City of Camilla ordinance regulating animals;
- Provide proper medical care and routine examinations for your pets;
- Provide adequate supply of food and water;
- Keep your pet under control by leash, fence, or adequate tether. The City of Camilla
has a leash law; and
- Have your pets vaccinated and spayed/neutered.
It is State law all animals must be vaccinated against rabies. Animals are generally old enough to be vaccinated at the age of three to four months. Pet owners are encouraged to consult with a veterinarian to determine the best age for their pet to receive the rabies vaccination.
For information regarding animal control services or to adopt a pet, call 229-336-7030 or click here to visit Stitches' Facebook page.
To view the City of Camilla Code of Ordinances Animal Control provisions, click here.